These are so quick to make and an excellent way of introducing children to vegetables. If you have chicken left over from the day before, then you can conveniently use it here.
||Quick & Easy
Some fajita sauces on the market are excellent, saving you time. If you use a bought sauce, there will be no need to add tomato puree or chile peppers.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in rings
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 mild green or red chile pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded/cut in strips
- 10 button mushrooms
- 4 flour tortilla, warmed
- 1 small tin (4 tablespoons of) tomato puree or a ready made fajita sauce.
- Heat the oil in a wok; cook the chicken strips over high heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until cooked. Drain and serve.
- Add the onion, garlic and chile pepper to the oil in the pan and sauté over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and mushrooms; cook over high heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to soften the vegetables.
- Return the chicken to the pan and heat until sizzling hot. Serve right away in warm tortillas, sour cream and chile flavoured tomato sauce. Sprinkle flat parley on top.
They can also be served with rice.