Roast Butternut Squash, Mushroom & Coriander Soup
This flavour of roast squash mixes well with mushrooms in this delicious soup.
||Soups & Salads
I have on occasion added 2 sweet potatoes for a little extra sweetness. My sister Lynda, a nutritional therapist gave me this recipe. You can find more on her website here.
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 Butternut Squash – quartered, no need to peel,
- 2 cups mushrooms, rubbed clean and halved.
- 1.5 pints vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Sea-salt & black pepper
- Roast the squash on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of sea-salt at 200C (390F) for approx. 20 minutes.
- Heat the fats in a large heavy based saucepan, sauté the onion, celery and garlic.
- Chop up the roasted squash and add to the aromatic vegetables along with the mushrooms and stock.
- Bring to the boil, simmer for a few minutes, add in the coriander and seasoning and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy with some nice sourdough bread and butter or garlic bread.