Chocolate Trio with Chocolate Sauce
A beautiful dessert for all occasions, topped with fruit
||Cakes & Desserts
||2 hrs fridge
- 200g dark chocolate melted
- 2 tablespoons Tia Maria or Rum
- 200g milk chocolate
- 1 passion fruit – use juice only
- 200g white chocolate
- Grated rind and juice of one orange
- 300g butter
- 300ml whipping cream
- Line the bases of four round ramekins with greaseproof paper or alternatively use one spring based 10inch tin.
- Stir Tia Maria or Rum into the plain melted chocolate, little by little.
- Add passion fruit juice into the milk chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- Stir rind and juice of an orange into the white chocolate until smooth.
- Beat the butter in a bowl until light, then add a third to each of the chocolate mixtures.
- Whip the cream until thick, divide between the three and fold in gently.
- Divide the chocolate mixtures between dishes. First the dark chocolate, then the white and finally the milk chocolate.
- Spread each layer evenly and finally cover with cling film to chill until required.
- Turn out by plunging the ramekin or tin into hot water. Immediately run a knife around the edge. Place a plate on top and turn out each chocolate trio
- Decorate with cream, chocolate leaves and fruit.
- Melt 200g dark chocolate.
- Heat 200ml milk and add very gradually to chocolate. Orange juice or Rum may also be added to flavour
Serve with redcurrants or raspberries to add colour and vitamin c.
To make chocolate leaves
Simply pick small leaves from your garden and wash under a tap. Dry with kitchen paper. Melt chocolate and spoon delicately over each leaf. Allow to set in the fridge and peel from the leaf away.