Roasted Baby Potatoes
‘Baby roasties’ (as I call them) are irresistible and a great accompaniment to meat or vegetarian dishes.
Once they are well scrubbed they may be left unpeeled. Though for more delicate constitutions, they are easier to digest when peeled in advance. I parboil them to speed the cooking process but they may be cooked in the oven from start to finish if you are using your oven for other purposes.
- 450grams(1lb) small round potatoes
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence (rosemary, oregano thyme)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C(400F)
- Parboil the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Mix the herbs, garlic, and oil together until blended, and then pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the potatoes to a heavy large baking dish, spacing them evenly apart.
- Roast the potatoes until they are tender and golden, turning them occasionally. Takes about 25 minutes. If cooking them in the oven from start to finish allow 1 hour cooking time.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes to a decorative serving dish.