Thai Fish Cakes
With their aromatic blend of flavours and soft fluffy texture, these fish cakes are the ultimate in comfort food.
They can be prepared in advance and either frozen or stored in the fridge until just before cooking time. Delicious served with a green salad and mayonnaise.
- 300g cooked salmon, skin and bones removed & flaked
- 200g mashed potato, with 30g butter.
- ½ an egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon shredded ginger
- 1 teaspoon red chilli chopped finely (or chilli powder)
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves ( or dried coriander)
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- olive oil for frying
- Add the flaked salmon to the mashed potato in a bowl and mix thoroughly. The fish will break up some more as you mix.
- Mix in the ginger, chili, scallions, coriander and chives. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add half a beaten egg to moisten.
- With floured hands shape the mixture into 8 patties each about 8cm(3inch) wide and 2cm(2/3 inch thick)
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan and add the fish cakes when the oil heats up. Fry the fishcakes over medium heat, about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
Serve with a rocket salad and mayonnaise delicately flavoured with chopped parsley.