Serve this crunchy salad as an accompaniment to other dishes or as part of a vegetarian salad.
||Soups & Salads
Mayonnaise may be left out in favour of yogurt for a lower calorie option.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet red apples
- 1 dessertspoon raisins
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt,
- Wash and dry the apple and celery. Quarter the apples, remove core and chop. Place the pieces in a bowl covered with lemon juice to prevent the apple from turning brown.
- Add the chopped walnuts, raisins and sliced celery.
- To the mayonnaise add the salt and pepper before mixing it in with the fruit, nuts and celery.
- Serve on a bed of Cos lettuce or endive leaves.